Recent Posts

Monday, July 27, 2015

A Clean Canvas

Hi!
I haven't been here for a while.

I leave in less than a month. I'm leaving to a strange place. I'm taking one suitcase and my canon... I hope that's enough.

I'm going where I need to go.
I will be fine.
I am always fine.
But, will I be happy?

I haven't made such a big move ever since my family relocated when I was about twelve. I'm not specifically running away from anything. I would say I am running towards something.
Few of us get the chance to start new, a clean canvas. I wanted one for so long and suddenly the idea is overwhelming. I am like a frustrated artist. I want to paint everything but I want to paint nothing. I want to sketch a new path but I don't know where to start.
My first memories are of me painting in my room. I learned the technique well and I got comfortable with the art of painting. I grew older and I stopped painting because you can't make mistakes when you paint. Not significant ones at least.
Sketch. Erase. Sketch. Erase. All on a piece of paper until you are ready to put it on the canvas.
The time is here and given the circumstances, I can't make many mistakes.

I am scared. I don't want to mess it up.
I am very excited about this but I am also very nervous. I am anxious but I am determined.
I can't let the fear of messing up stop me from painting a beautiful picture. It didn't stop me eleven years ago, and it shouldn't stop me now.


World, here I come.

-The Starry Eyed Girl









0 comments:

Post a Comment